Monday, July 28, 2014

A Different Side of New Orleans

The ability to multi task seems to disappear with age, or at least for me it does.  Which was reinforced last week while I was visiting New Orleans and going on day trips by myself.  I like to think I'm a pretty good navigator, but when you throw in driving, my skills start to diminish.  But as in life you eventually get to where you want to go, just not as quickly or easily as you had imagined when you started out. So here are some of photos of my adventures which were a little bit off the beaten track but still quiet enjoyable.


Nothing like finding a hole in the wall place to find great gumbo!





 And more hole in the wall places that have a wait outside, so you know it must be good!




 And then out of the way places that are so good.



 Mussels and Collard Greens, a winning combination. Sorry my photo doesn't do it justice, but trust me they were perfect along with the french fries, red snapper and chocolate chess pie with a kick of thai chili pepper.  Boucherie is my new favorite restaurant in Nola.


 And as if I didn't get enough, I brought home  a box of crawfish on the plane.


Moving on to homes, I visited Creole Plantations on River Road and in Mid City.  You know they're Creole by their colorful exteriors.

Laura Plantation

Pitot House
 Walking tours of the Garden District.



And my favorite tour, The Longue Vue House and Garden.  Amazing inside and out. And best of all I was the only one on the tour.


Their version of Oak Alley!




Driving over the Mississippi!

No comments:

Post a Comment